In 2004 we designed a web site for WHITNEYfusion, a high-end event planning company. The web site was built entirely in Flash, and won Bullsprig numerous design awards. The web site was incredible--utilizing the latest in Flash technology and engineering.
Fast-forward to 2009 and WHITNEYfusion was overdue for a redesign.
Since 2004 WHITNEYfusion has seen tremendous growth. They have added a lot of new clients, and added people to their support staff. In addition, WHITNEYfusion has added wedding planning to their list of capabilities: corporate events, sports marketing and social soirees.
There are a few main business objectives for this redesign, including: be found on Google; give WHITNEYfusion the ability to updated the web site on their own; capture prospective leads via the web site; add photo galleries fast and whenever they wanted; and, finally, add a section on WHITNEYfusion weddings (more on this later).
The first phase of the redesign focused on the events side of WHITNEYfusion's business. The look and feel needed to be somewhat corporate but still incorporate the movement from the previous version of the site. The target audience for WHITNEYfusion Events is human resources staff at companies. In other words, people who needed information and examples fast, and hassle-free.
- Web Site Analytics - We generate custom reports, sent to WHITNEYfusion weekly. These reports illustrate their top performing pages, most popular products, web form submission volume - everything WHITNEYfusion needs to know to improve their online business.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) - WHITNEYfusion can now manage their customers from their web interface, allowing them to track customers actions easier.
- Lead Management Systems - We built custom web forms that capture every inquiry, then update their contact management database automatically.
- Workflow Notifications - We built multi-step work-flows to notify WHITNEYfusion of new web form submissions, verifying steps as they are completed, and remind and escalate to management if need be.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - We put special effort into making sure WHITNEYfusion can get found on the web. We automatically generate the sitemap.xml file for WHITNEYfusion each day, ensuring maximum visibility in Google, Yahoo and Microsoft. The SEO efforts for WHITNEYfusion will be ongoing, as they have contracted with us to provide results and keyword analysis. This will be a lot of fun, as our initial analysis shows the area to be ripe with opportunities!
- Content Management System (CMS) - Utilizing the Bullsprig Platform, WHITNEYfusion can maintain their web site from any computer with a web connection. They can make updates and edit content, upload files and communications, add and change photos seamlessly.
Click here to check out the new site.
Back to the WHITNEYfusion weddings side. This is a different animal... a completely different web site. Different objectives, different audience. Evidently soon-to-be brides are very picky. (I should know, I am married.) We're in the middle of designing this side of WHITNEYfusion. It's an exciting site, very creative, and, of course a custom website design.
Below is a peak at the initial comps. I'll post the entire site when we're done.
About the company: WHITNEYfusion is a boutique event planning firm that offers the very best in corporate events, charity events, sports marketing, social soirees and wedding planning. From simple to extravagant, traditional to edgy, we fuse your vision with our insight & resources to create the perfect occasion.